David N. Townsend & Associates
Communications Economics, Policy, Regulation
David N. Townsend & Associates offers the following areas of consulting services.
For further information and descriptions of representative projects,
follow the links, or contact us directly.
- Communications Market and Economic Studies,
- Customized studies and general purpose reports on specific research topics across all
aspects of Communications policy and economics. Detailed statistical modeling of costs,
demand, networks, markets. (Representative projects,
- Telecommunications Policy and Regulation Advisory
- Advisory assistance to government policy and regulatory agencies on telecommunications
sector restructuring, tariff policy, competitive licensing, interconnection, service
regulation, rules and procedures, market impact analysis. Hands-on advisory services and
collaboration, studies, recommendations, public testimony, presentations, implementation
strategies. (Representative projects)
- Telecommunications Regulatory Institution Development,
- Assistance in the development and strengthening of telecommunications regulatory
agencies: planning, needs assessment, procedural manuals, personnel assignments,
budgeting, technical tools and support. Customized training programs in communications
policy and regulatory issues, from sector restructuring to implementation of regulatory
priorities. (Representative projects)
- Expert Testimony, Regulatory Intervention
- Expert participation in formal telecommunications regulatory proceedings on behalf of
public advocates or institutional intervenors, providing full service support in
developing evidence, preparing testimony, and managing the regulatory process.
- Management Consulting, Strategic Planning
- Direct management assistance to private and public organizations in understanding and
responding to the demands and opportunities of the changing telecommunications
environment. Advice, research, forecasting, economic analysis in support of strategic
development objectives of entrepreneurs, communications firms expanding into new markets,
and restructuring public operators.
David N. Townsend & Associates Home Page